Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Baring All...that I ate

I've decided to bare all and report on what I eat, and how I exercise. Integrity is a big deal to me, so here we go, starting with the rather odd lunch I ate today.

I went to a luncheon, the kind where you pre-select your food before you go. It was all about how to promote your book, and I met an interested publisher. Very cool.I ate:1 oversized piece of peasant style bread (good crust, soft inside) with 1/2 pat of butterabout 6 bites of pasta with a boring sauce of only tomotoes.This wasn't sitting too well with me, and was a chore to eat while I chatted with a fascinating author of racy romance novels, Rachelle Chase (www.rachellechase.com), so I abandoned the effort with my plate mostly full, thinking I was done.

But, dessert appeared. Warm apple pie, flaky crust, with whipped cream. It proved to be quite delicious. The cream was too sweet for me (I prefer unsweetened), but I managed to eat 1/2 of it, and every bite of the pie. As I didn't eat sweets for 16 years, I figure this is a sign of success!I finished at about a 6 on my 10 point scale of fullness, so I'm good.

Exercise: I'm tired today, still suffering the prolonged crash after yesterday's overly agressive decaf latte (it's kind of pathetic, I know) So it's a rest day, but I brisk walked for about 50 min. total to and from the BART station. I love city walking!

No comments: